You find about 9,000,000,000 other ways to be productive.
This weekend I avoided all things trauma-related. I spent the weekend alone with my toddler and just couldn’t handle any additional stress. Single-momming it for 3 days with a 2.5 year old was enough. Not to mention, I wasn’t able to go to a yoga class to decompress.
To keep my mind preoccupied, I stayed really fucking busy.
- I completed all of my paperwork
- Finished up my Christmas shopping
- Wrapped over 20 Christmas presents
- Cleaned out my desk and filing cabinet
- Sold my desk and filing cabinet
- Cleaned out my daughter’s room
- Folded and put away 3 loads of laundry
- Cleaned out the junk drawer in the kitchen
- Baked!!! (See the picture?)
- Cleaned out the closet in the bonus room
- Cleaned out my closet
- Watched Charlotte’s Webb
- Grocery shopped
That’s a lot of productivity! It’s like I’m nesting or something….except I’m like 90% positive I’m not pregnant….so really I’m just staying busy to keep my mind from going to dark places. Hey, whatever helps, right?!
This week will be busy as I prepare for my family to come into town. Then, the following week, my inlaws will be here (and I’m dreading it). I know I need to utilize my next three therapy sessions wisely and work through trauma stuff. I don’t have time to fret over the little things this week. This week, I will be working hard to stay positive. And maybe I’ll do a little more baking haha