After work today, all I could think about was how excited I was for a much-needed weekend of self-care.
This weekend, self-care looks like:
- A hot shower tonight while my husband picked up our daughter from daycare
- Being FULLY PRESENT tomorrow while we celebrate my husband’s 40th birthday
- Eating cake
- Reading my breathing book for yoga teacher training
- Painting my nails (I don’t like manicures, but I do like to paint my own nails)
- Restorative yoga with one of my favorite teachers
This weekend, I am not going to allow myself to be consumed with work. Instead, I’m going to indulge in the things that I enjoy. I am not going to allow myself to dwell on the negative or get caught up in trauma memories. This weekend, I am going to just enjoy the present moment.